eXplos1on i5















Theme of the week in 2011

While preparing for this week's Theme Of The Week, I had the opportunity to speak with JunesIphone and ask him a few questions. He was very willing and his responses are below:

JOSH: How long have you been creating themes for the iDevice? What was your very first theme?
JUNE: I have been theming for over a year now (complete themes). My very first theme released was iLink. Before I started releasing themes, I just modded previous themes to my taste. 

JOSH: What gave you the idea to create eXplos1on? Was there a person, image, scenario etc. that sparked something that helped you design this theme?
JUNE: I was looking for was something that looked three dimensional. Something that just popped out at you. Ideas just came after hours of Photoshop; it's unexplainable. 

JOSH: How much time did it take for you to make eXplos10n? Was it just you or was this theme made in collaboration with a few individuals, group, or team?
JUNE: It actually took me a while to create eXplos1on. It was an idea I had but only played with it a little bit before setting it aside of other projects. I am the graphics designer for the new website jailbreakemnow.com so the initial start of this website kept me from working on solely eXplos1on at first. The site is run by myself and the bAdGB team.

JOSH: If there was one part of the theme that you love the most, what would that be?
JUNE: One part of this theme I love the most? That's a hard question to ask a designer. I love every part of this theme. Each image I have spend an extra amount of time on to make just so I could be happy with it. Like I tell all the new themers that come to me and ask for pointers, make it the way you want it; the way you would like your device to look. And if they like it, they like it. If they don't, then they don't. Yes, of course I ask people of there thoughts and suggestions but I'm not just creating it for others, I was creating it for myself.

JOSH: Do you have any other projects/developments that you're doing on top of this? Can you elaborate?
JUNE: One thing that I'm predominantly focusing on is my involvement with bAdGB. bAdGB strives to be an example and helping hand for those who are looking to start theming or want to design for the iDevice in some way. The bAdGB comprises of the best themers I know and our hope is to expand into something people will respect and want to check up on and ask for advice in regards to iDevice theming. More information about bAdGB can be found at here. -



No comments:

Post a Comment