PanGu Release iOS8-8.1 Jailbreak


This morning PanGu team releases a jailbreak for iOS 8 - 8.1.x. Before you go updating your device to iOS8 or testing the jailbreak there are a few things you need to know.

Pangu8_v1.0.0.exe will NOT install cydia on your device.

After personally testing v1.0.0 of the tool, it does not get you root. The tool only shows ????? Touch ID ?????? with no jailbreak button. According to Pangu website it says wait for update.



Furthermore..

"Because of the many changes iOS8 system, Cydia and many plug-dependent Substrate framework can not be used in iOS8. So we provide developers need some basic plug-in such as environment and SSH version 1.0 jailbreak, the convenience Cydia authors and other developers as soon as possible for iOS8 modify their code. After the completion of compatible Cydia, we will release updates to integrate Cydia. So, Pangu jailbreak (iOS8) version 1.0 is ready for strict jailbreak developer version"
-PanGu Team


Doesn't seem like much yet, but worth keeping an eye on. Personally I am surprised to see a jailbreak so soon. Especially because Apple is publishing many updates, very quickly. As soon as the higher ups mention something I will add it here.

"So, windknown has contacted me, about a half hour ago, via e-mail. He has told me one of the issues that is keeping Substrate from working on the device, which will probably require me to build a little binary patch for dyld as part of the Substrate installation sequence. This was the worst possible day for me, as I'm traveling back to Santa Barbara today (I'm currently in Texas, having come here to give a talk at The Big Android BBQ), which means this will take me a little longer than I'd like, but clearly getting Cydia and Substrate working on iOS 8 is my highest priority. I thankfully think that I actually can start working a little on one of the Substrate issues using an iOS 7 "model" based on the information provided by windknown, which means I'll lose less time to not having all of my devices with me. (I currently have no clue why Cydia itself is not functioning, but will find out later today when I can see it myself.)" -Saurik

To explain a Jailbreak is to get root access to your phone. This is what Pangu Released. You will get root access, but you will not get Cydia. Its not the everything in a box you have come to expect from past Jailbreaks. Yet.

The PanGu tool claims to work on.


  • iPod Touch
  • iPhone 4s
  • iPhone 5/5c/5s
  • iPhone 6/6Plus
  • iPad Mini/2/3
  • iPad Air/Air2


Source: PanGu.io Translated: PanGu.io


Updated Version: PanGu JailBreak v1.0.1 works! Download
Not much longer after the v1.0.0 tool was released PanGu released v1.0.1 which I have personally tested and works as intended.






Reddit Topic: PanGu Jailbreak